The Easy Uplift Method
There are a few ways to install Photoshop Actions on your computer. They all start out like this:
- Download your purchase from our Uplift Actions shop online. Save the ZIP file to your desktop. You will receive this immediately after purchase, as well as in an email as a link.
- Make a backup copy somewhere! Your download link does expire!
- Open the ZIP file by double-clicking it. This will produce a folder containing the contents of the ZIP file on your desktop.
- ** If you downloaded a set of OVERLAYS - you will have a folder with the actual overlays in it, and an .atn file, which is totally magical. You'll need to install this action to be able to make the overlay magic happen ** Follow the steps above to ensure you've installed the applicator action, and save the folder with the overlays somewhere easy to find on your computer (and make a back up!) Remember where you saved this folder. You'll need to navigate to it when you run the magical Applicator Photoshop Action.
Once you’ve done that, here's what you need to do next!
- Double-click the .atn files within the folder you’ve just created. Anything ending in .atn is a PHOTOSHOP ACTION.
- That's it – your actions should now be available in the ACTIONS PALETTE (go to Photoshop > Window > Actions to make this appear if you haven't already). You'll open the folder of the action set you download to reveal the actual actions. Click the PLAY BUTTON (triangle) in the palette to run that action on an opened image.
The Manual Method
If that doesn’t work (because of the way your computer is set up), or you have multiple versions of Photoshop on one machine, then you’ll need to do things the hard way:
- Open Photoshop, and click on the Actions Palette menu button (located in the top-right of the Actions Palette
- Select “Load Actions”
- Select one of the .atn files from the download
- Repeat for the other .atn files if necessary